Thursday, December 10, 2009

TOO COOL!

I can not begin to tell you how cool it is to spoon feed your kid. He's pointing to foods he wants, opening his mouth, using his lips to remove it from the spoon, and swallowing, amazing. Still love the sound of him sucking and swallowing....I know, I'm a total geek right. He's also started chewing on things more...some goes down, most gets spit back out, but still, he's practicing chewing...very cool.

So if that's cool, wanna know what's WAY too cool? Evan feeding himself with a spoon! He's been practicing off and on, but tonight (granted it was messy and not all of it went in him, but the majority did) Evan used his own spoon to feed himself TWO, yep TWO tubs of yogurt AND maybe 1/4th of a jar of baby food. I know, you're all floored right, wish you were here to witness the big event....too cool.

Obviously today was a good day with eating, we've had a good amount of stress over this whole thing lately. First we had some really bad days of eating until we realized that I stupidly brought home whole milk lactaid for Evan. He only started to stop vomiting when we switched him to pregestimil which has 50% pre-digested fats. All I can say for myself is I was worried about him gaining weight and thought..."hey, whole milk = more calories", you think I'd know better. We switched to 1% and eating picked back up. That and he's either teething, or has a cold which didn't help either, but the last few days have been great eating days, and well, that = less stressing in this house. Evan's been down to 10ml of coconut oil and 1 7oz bottle while he sleeps at night through his tube for the last bit here, that's it....Go baby GO GO!

Other than that Evan's great. He likes legos, trying to dress himself, wearing any type of shoes that are too big, drawing.
His favorite games are to play "git you" where we chase him and then he chases us around the house. Being tossed on the bed and jumping he says "redy, redy" when he wants to do either, we toss him on 3 and he giggles hysterically.
He's wanting to be more of a big boy, insisted on using a step stool to wash his hands, and HAS to brush his teeth when we do.
Don't be fooled if you find him laying on the floor like he may have just fallen.....he probably put himself there to trick you and see if you'd come give him a hug. I've told Evan that this isn't neccessary and he can just come and ask for a hug any time he likes, but he sure does like to see what new people will do when he tries it on them.
He's talking on the phone now....and has a toy cell phone from uncle mark that is one of his favorite toys. He runs around the house saying "hello" while holding it to his ear. He said hello when the phone ran a couple of days ago too.
He's climbing a lot more....I gotta say, I just love this age, he's so lovable, and loving, cute and the development is awesome.
Aunt Mary if you read this blog, Evan's favorite book right now is the dirt on my shirt book you gave him, and his favorite stuffed animal is the prayer teddy I'm pretty sure came form you. He HAS to bring it to bed with him, or he melts down.

No comments: