Once again, this post is primarily for me. I just want to write a couple things down that Evan's said lately that I want to remember.
4 days ago, Evan and I went for a walk on our road. Evan told me how the road was muddy of on the side. I saw some deer tracks in the mud, and pointed them out to him and was talking about them with him. He said we needed to make foot prints, so the two of us started making foot prints in the mud. After a couple of minutes, Evan looks at me and says "I need a picture of mommy, stick your face in there (looking at me and pointing at the mud)".
It's girl scout cookie time again, and I bought some cookies that were corn sryup free for Evan. The cookies had words like 'build, courage, and lead' on them. Stephan was looking at one of the cookies Evan was eating and said "lead (like in pencil sounding), who would put lead on a cookie". I looked at Stephan and said "no hun, it's lead (like in leadership)" we both laughed and Stephan said "oooooh, that makes a lot more sence". The next day, Stephan and Evan went to get groceries at our local grocery store, and the girl scouts had a table set up out front selling cookies. Evan walked up to them and said "I would like some lead (like in pencil sounding) cookies please".
When Evan was asked "what are you doing" recently, his reply was "I think you know"
I take a fair amount of hot baths in the winter because I just plain get cold, I turn blue cold, and I use the hot baths to warm up again. Evan wanted a bath last week and said "I need a bath, I'm just freezing" he went on for awhile about how it was cold and he needed a hot bath. Stephan just said, "because that's what baths are for in this house, to warm up".
He still has his very caring personality, he brings me my slippers fairly often to try and keep my feet warm, he shares his food and toys with other kids, most days.
He's been a bear around bed time for about the past 3 months coming up with any excuse under the sun to avoid going to sleep and getting what he wants. We've made some improvement battling back with our own tactics such as moving the potty to his room at night, but this week he came up with a new one again. He wanted me to come specifically, so we were only sending Stephan, next thing you know Evan says "I have a booger in my nose". Why, because MOM's the one who takes care of the boogers in the nose (Evan's just learning how to blow his nose), there was no booger when I checked for him. He hates it when I do get them out too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment