Saturday, December 4, 2010

Imagination

Evan has a really great imagination, and it's so fun to be around him when he's using it lately. I wanted to write down some of the stuff, just so I wouldn't forget them.

He put his teddy into my slipper and came to me and said "he riding in a boat"

He uses our laundry basket as a shell, and becomes a turtle on a quite frequent basis.

I can't begin to tell you all the things his blocks are.....phones, helicopters, boats, chairs, airplanes, trains, soap dispensers.......

He saw a stuffed deer while we were mailing things at the mail room and pointed to it and said "It's a gost deer mommy" "he's hungry" "that's scary" "scary gost deer".

I get fed all sorts of imaginary food out of his toys.....a red ball in a stacking cup is an apple, a shirt stuffed in a cup is suddenly ice cream.

He informed me that "teddy needs to poop outside mommy", and His stuffed Rabbit used Maggie's puppy pads a few weeks ago.

His stuffed animals also use his potty on occasion, get rocked, fed, and we get informed when they need a bath and are stinky. Sometimes, Teddy is Evan's little brother.

Speaking of Teddy, I don't think I shared this story on here either, and I want to remember it as well. Teddy has been Evan's favorite toy since he was about 1 1/2 yrs old. Teddy goes everywhere with Evan, and sleeps with him at night. Teddy is a prayer bear, I posted about him a long while ago when Evan first became attatched to him. Well, we forgot teddy somewhere in Wisconsin this August, and for about 2 weeks Evan kept asking where teddy was. Not really getting upset when we tried to explain we didn't know and thought he might be somewhere in Wisconsin, but we couldn't find him, he's just get quiet, and like he was thinking. While I was shopping in Walgreen's I found another Teddy. I wasn't sure if it would matter that this one's voice was loud and not faded and worn out because it had new batteries, or that this one was shinny and new, and not all stinky and stained. I bought it just to see. I brought new teddy home, pulled his tag off, and told Evan that I'd gotten him something. When he came around the corner, I held teddy out to him. Evan stopped right in his tracks, and looked at Teddy. Then, he came up and took him from my hands, hugged teddy under his right arm, and said "Here you are Teddy, Let's go for a walk", and walked away with him. He narrated almost everything to Teddy the rest of that night, and told him all sorts of things. It was a nice reunion.

Addition 12-12-10: Last night Evan took two of his blocks and put them together at a 90 degree angle. He told me it was a "cau-fer" several times. I responded with a "yeah, ok" thinking whatever a "cau-fer" is, who knows? Then he started pointing his contraption at different things and coughing. I laughed so hard, a "cougher" Coughs DUH mom! too funny. It surprised me that he was manipulating the english language in this way once I figured out what was going on in his brain.

No comments: