Thursday, May 6, 2010

I don't know what to title this post

Sorry it's been so long since we've updated. We've been enjoying an unusually nice end of winter/spring here, it's been very nice, but we wouldn't mind a bit more rain. Stephan and I have been working on projects around the house and yard, the flowers are coming up, and some have bloomed. All of the Roses seem to have survived except maybe one. I'm learning that lilys of the valley are incredibly hearty and difficult to remove from my flower bed.

Evan, well, he's doing quite well, aside from a sinus infection last week with a sore throat that made him miserable and kicked up his puking again, he's doing very well and is just a joy. This past week we have been working on potty training, and so far he's doing quite well, he's gone 5 days with only once poop accident and has had one completely accident free day with urine, even when we went out to school for ECFE class for 3 hours of the day. On average he's having about 1-3 accidents/day. Our biggest problem right now is he's afraid of the industrial toilets ever since he flushed one and it startled him....he said "loud" and grabbed me hard and long.....I think it would have scared me too.

He put himself here today, grabbed his milk and tucked himself in the blanket.

I got a new wheel barrel for my birthday (thanks mom!), but if you ask Evan it's his, and it's really fun to ride in.






Stephan has officially killed two of the home models of sewing machines, sewing for Bosom Bliss. SO this is our newest investment in the company, an industrial strength sewing machine. It's crazy how much faster he can make stuff now. He's also made himself a winter jacket this summer. I must say, it's quite nice and I don't think you'd know he made it if you saw it on him.


We took a trip to the cities to see some close friends we haven't been able to see in a LONG time. It was really nice. We all hung out together ALL the time in college, and stay in touch primarily through phone calls now days, but getting back together was like we'd never left each other.
















Evan has NOT been fishing with us yet, but you'd think he has. He absolutely LOVES spending time in the boat with his father in the garage. He asks to go to it, and pretends to fish off the side. It was raining the day Stephan took this video, and evidentally Evan wanted to talk about that, but Stephan wanted to talk about fishing.....I find it comical.


Evan's also been increasing his conversation skills quite a bit. He's been saying some really funny stuff.

After mom offered one too many sips of juice while trying to get Evan to pee on the toilet while potty training "knock it off"

Stephan "what are you doing" Evan "I think you know"

Evan "go potty, mommy get choc-e" (choc-e = chocolate)

Evan "mommy kinna loud" Mommy "I'm sorry Evan am I talking to loud, I can talk more quietly" Evan "it's ok, mommy kinna loud"

Evan handing his cup to Stephan "drink your milk"

Evan helping Stephan cook, tried a sugar snap pea that had been in the sauce he was making, takes the pea and hands it to Stephan saying "all done, it yucky".

There's more, but I can't think of them right now. Obviously the enunciation isn't perfect on all of these, but I don't know how to convey that well in a typed message, but usually we can understand what he's saying.

No comments: