Thursday, July 22, 2010

That's not milk

I've been meaning to share some Evan stories for awhile now. Not only because I think you all may enjoy them, but also because I don't want to forget them, and this blog is somewhat my way of journaling.

About 2 weeks ago, Evan was having a hard time going to sleep. He wasn't fussy, just talking in his bed. Then, from the kitchen I heard him yell "Have to go potty!", Ooops, should have had a monitor on. I rushed to him, he had pooped his diaper. I felt like a real crappy mom because he'd probably been saying it for awhile. However, his diaper was dry, no pee. He had drank a full bottle a bit earlier, so I knew he had to go. I insisted he did, he wanted to talk an play, and was happy he'd managed to get out of bed. So, I told him he needed to sit on the potty until he pee'd and I was leaving. I checked on him a couple of times, and he was still sitting on his potty as instructed. A short time later I heard movement in the bathroom, and so went to check on him. He was standing in the middle of the bathroom floor looking back at his potty. His sippy cup with milk was laying on its side next to the wall. Had he pee'd? I went over to look, and I found Milk in his potty. As I was looking, Evan leaned forward, pointed at his potty chair, and in a very serious voice said "That not milk"

Ooohh, dear son, yes that is milk, and you're going to have to get a bit older and wiser before you can pull one over on your dear mom, and we'll have a few talks about lying in the future, but for now, that was pretty funny, and I am amazed at how your mind works and how much you've grown!

No comments: