Thursday, September 17, 2009

Defcon Walk

What fun what fun. Evan took his first steps tonight in the bathroom of all places. We have seen him walk between gaps before where his fingers couldn't reach the extra couple of inches but tonight he took the plunge for at least a few feet. Of course we have the obligatory video to show off



I know it doesn't look like much, but we've been watching him walk along the walls with one finger touching something all the time. He even chased a neighbors dog at a pretty good clip with a hand touching the wall of the garage. Maybe it will change later but I have had people tell me that once he starts walking the real trouble starts, but right now I see a flaw in that. When he walks holding onto the talbe he's always dangerously close to stuff like end tables with water glasses (not empty ones) that need to be stirred with the TV remote, at least that's what Evan thinks.

Of course as I was writing this post Becky took a video of walking the way we're used to seeing him walk. Voila walking with the wall:




Needless to say we're having a pretty fun night. New beginnings are pretty fun.

No comments: