We finally did it!! Evan took the first few organized steps crawling today and I managed to get a horrible video of it. I'm not going to lie about my real motivation for this. Becky is at work right now and I am really hoping to have this movie posted before she goes on break.
I was watching him wobble from side to side for a good 10 minutes tonight and then it just happened. He moved forward. I think I scared the dickens out of the kid cheering him on. I must have told him how cool he was for about 15 minutes. After the first 15 minutes of cheering him on it set in how this changed everything. Now I'm kind of in a state of horror. 20 minutes ago I knew where he would be if I set him down... I could put him down in the living room and quick make up some food in the kitchen without worry as to what was on the floor in between us... Immobility had it's perks... why did we want him to do this anyways? oh yeah, there's that whole I don't need to do everything for him every time he needs to get somewhere, but it's not as if he's going to crawl his way to work on time or anything. At least now he's COMPLETELY caught up on gross motor for his gestational age, and it is beyond exciting to see him get up and start cruising around the living room doing what he'd like to do on his own. I guess I didn't know he would have picked up that toy at that particular point in time. He didn't even try to cry futily to talk me into getting him something to entertain him. I do like the new step in self entertainment.
On another topic we have had a monumental decrease in vomiting over the past week. Yesterday Evan only spit up once. Today we had one vomit and it was kind of a not so unexpected vomit as we had tried to give him a formula again. Hooray for the lack of antibiotics I guess.
Also Evan went for his first boat ride in grandma and grandpa Gorny's boat this opener and he had a general look of concern on his face.

No comments:
Post a Comment